FI (Flight Instructor Course)
Aim of the Course:
To provide knowledge and ability of flight instructor to pilots who have commercial pilot license.
Requirements before beginning to FI (A) course:
- If the candidate who applied has ATPL (A) or CPL (A) license, he has to fly at least 100 hours as pilot in 200 hours of flight
- If he has PPL license, he has to fly at least 150 hours as first pilot.
- For CPL (A); He has to fulfil the knowledge conditions which are stated in AMC-FCL 1.470
- In single engine airplanes, at least 5 hours of light out of 30 hours should be done in last 6 months.
- He has to take 10 hours of instrument rating training. (Maximum 5 hours of simulator training is valid.)
- Not less than total of 300 Nm, total landing on square excluding two, he have to make at least 20 hours of S/S as first pilot.
Necessary Terms for the Candidate who is about to start CRI (A) Course
- Candidates who apply for to take CRI certificate in multi engine planes should have the conditions down below
- At least 500 hours of flight as airplane pilot
- On condition that 10 hours of flight is done in last 12 months, he has to have at least 30 hours of light in the airplane which he will give class or type training.
- He has to fulfil the approved course with receiving at least 5 hours of training in a flight simulator by an authority instructor or in an approved FTO or TRTO.
- He has to pass the skill test
- Candidates who apply for to take CRI certificate in single engine planes should have the conditions down below
- At least 300 hours of flight as airplane pilot, At least 30 hours of flight as PIC in the airplane which he will give class or type training, on condition that 10 hours of this flight should be done in last 12 months
- He has to fulfil the approved course with receiving at least 3 hours of training in a flight simulator by an authority instructor or in an approved FTO or TRTO.
- He has to pass the skill test
- Before the concessions of certificate are extended for another type or class, license owner has to fly at least 10 hours in last 12 months in the related class, type or similar type airplanes that are approved by and authority.
- In order to extend single engine CRI (A) authority to multi engine CRI (A), conditions in the first article should be fulfilled.
Necessary Conditions for the candidate who is about to start IRI (A) course
- At least 800 hours of flight with instrument rating rules and at least 400 hours of flight have to be done in airplane.
- He has to receive instrument flight instructor course which includes at least 10 hours of flight training in an airplane, a simulator or FNPT-II approved by General Directorate of Civil Aviation and has to be successful in skill that in the end of the flight
- Like JAR FCL 1.330 (f) FI (A) before flight skill test or before flight skill test in the Appendix 3 to FAR FCL 1.240 before 6 months ago from flight.
Extra Terms that General Directorate of Civil Aviation is Set:
Special Rights with Restriction (JAR-FCL 1.325)
Period with Restriction:
Concessions of this type is restricted on condition that the person who has the right to take FI (A) license has to fulfil at least 100 hours of flight as instructor and additionally he has to be supervisor in at least 25 pieces of student single flight. When this necessities are done, restriction will be removed.
Concessions are restricted in order to be done under authority supervision for this aim.
Excluding PPL (A), night and day, first single flight and first single S/S flight, to give necessary flight training for PPL (A) regulation, type and class adaptation training for single engine airplanes.
Night Flight Training.
PRIVILEGES THAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO FI(A) HOLDERS WITHOUT RESTRAINT
- To give Single Engine Aircraft PPL (A) and class type trainings FI (A) holder requires to be flown for minimum 15 hours with the related aircraft in last 12 months.
- To give CPL (A) training authorized FI (A) requires to give 200 hours of flight trainings before and 500 hours of flight as a pilot.
- Requires to have Night Rating Authorization
Necessary terms for instrument authority:
- At least 200 hours of instrument flight, 50 hours of this flight can be done in simulator.
- He should pass the test which is served for FNPT II Jar-FCL 1.330 and 1.345 1 or at least 5 hours of simulator training in an approved course as student.
- He has to fulfil the necessities of JAR-FCL 1.380 (a) as a result of single pilot multi engine and class authority
In order to FI (A) Flight Instructor:
- He has to fulfil 500 hours of flight instructor.
- According to JAR-FCL 1.330-1.345, instructor who is subject to FI (A) test, should pass the flight and training skill test which he will apply.
- Otorite tarafından onaylanmış olmalı.
Crediting of Gained Experience
- For FI (H) owners, 75 hours of ground lesson, out of 125, is credited.
- FI (A), CRI (A), IRI (A), SFI (A), FI (H), TRI (H), SFI (H) owners, are excused from Teaching and Learning.
- Trainees who will attend FI (A) course should be received 200 hours of instrument ground lesson training and they should have single engine instrument card.
- Flight Instructor ground lesson theoretical knowledge training lasts 125 hours.
- CRI (A) flight instructor course flight program is 5 hours.
- IRI (A) Education is given for 25 hours and the subject is Teaching and Learning.
- Flight training in course is 10 hours, for those who have FI (A) authority 5 hours of (FNPT II) flight training is given in airplane or in flight simulator.